• Work with existing programmers, System Administrators and DBAs to optimize storage, Backup, Restore and Replication
• Ensure backup methods are in place and testing of FC LUNs
• Develop and maintain records for entire storage systems
• Review system performance and efficiency.
• Provide architecture and performance recommendations to DBAs and Ops.
• Conduct bottleneck evaluation to identify performance issues. Degree or equivalent work experience in an IT Engineering field
b. Minimum of 5 years IT related experience
c. Experience in troubleshooting Windows Server, complex computing platforms, storage systems including SAN and NAS arrays, and cutting-edge technologies involving virtualization, distribution, and high availability
d. Knowledge of existing industry standards, technologies, and operational norms
e. Experience with virtualization and Microsoft technologies
f. Background in Linux, Cisco and VoIP is a plus
g. Experience with EMC storage arrays and Cisco Fabric Manager is preferred
h. Basic understanding of storage protocols such as NFDS, CIFS, iSCSI, FC, FCoE, etc, back and recovery
i. Experience in managing storage systems from vendors such as EMC, NetApp, HP, IBM, Hitachi
j. Experience in Server Operating system administration.