The DBA Consultant analyses a given incident/problem or user request, diagnoses it and finds a solution or passes the case to the relevant resolver group if outside his area of competence. After an incident is closed or during its resolution, he/she also works with the root cause analysis to assure that similar incidents will not happen again.
He/She writes technical specifications upon requirements received from the functional analysts and supports testers in creating and executing test cases.
He/She implements the assigned changes, following the applicable development guidelines and standards and documenting all work according to the development and maintenance policy.
Your main responsibilities as a DBA Consultant are as follows:
• Ensure you are familiar with the maintenance and support processes, procedures and working instructions
• Ensure you are familiar with the maintenance objects and underlying technologies
• Able to meet or exceed agreed service level targets with the client in the Service Level Agreement (SLA) in terms of:
o Incident Management
o Problem Management
o Service Requests
o Change Management
• Keep technical skills up to date, in line with your customers’ needs
• Performs daily monitoring, health checks and performance tuning.
• Manages Database users and storage
• Produces necessary Database reports related to capacity planning and critical path review.
• Analyze incident tasks and problems assigned to you, according to respective priorities, debugging the application when needed
• Ensure you take ownership for any ticket assigned to you until that point at which it is closed or formally passed to another consultant
• Support functional analysts in providing assistance to Clients and users
• Write technical specifications according to business requirements
• Develop changes assigned you
• Rolls out new release in development, test, QA, training and live environments as requested by the respective SDM and Release Manager
• Escalate in a timely manner to the SDM issues that may breach SLA or present difficulties preventing a reasonably quick resolution
• Recommend system changes to mitigate risks, prevent reoccurrence of incidents, improve performances
• Contribute to documents as Major Incident Reports or Service and Change Request specifications
• Create documentation/KB articles/white papers that will be used in case studies, training and knowledge-sharing sessions with other members.
• Contribute to the growth of the team expertise by sharing knowledge with colleagues
• Look for improvement opportunities to make the processes/tools easier and more efficient
o Review current processes/tools and identify next potential opportunity
o Must submit at least one CI feedback or Innovation idea during the performance year
o Encourage teammates to submit their identified opportunities
• Once QualityIT has been implemented, member must maintain at least an average passing score per quarter
• Participate in any improvement initiatives (ie CI feedback survey) within the team/division and in the engagement in general
• Provide accurate recording of time spent on each ticket, within the predefined tool and the Time and Expense recording systems.
• Undertake on-call support and work outside office hours if needed
• Seek prior approval from the Service Delivery Manager, for time out of the office, e.g. holidays, home working, on-site working
• Seek prior approval from the Service Delivery Manager, for over-time unless this is due to an urgent issue affecting Client business
• Maintain a constantly updated version of your CV, in English, potentially shareable with Clients
• Adherence to all company mandated responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a member as classified. All members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The key requirements for security are listed below.
As CGI Philippines staff, everyone shall be responsible for the security of the information that they use or manage, and shall ensure that appropriate measures are taken to preserve its confidentiality, integrity and availability for use.
The following are basic security obligations:
• Be aware of one’s obligation under legislation governing data protection, computer misuse, copyright protection, intellectual property, the retention of public records and the common law;
• Act with propriety in the use of the business units’ Information resources;
• Familiarize with and conform to the Information Security policy and related Standards, Guidelines, etc;
• Report immediately to one’s Line Manager and Information Security Officer, any breaches, or suspected breaches, of the CGI Philippines Information Security policy.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.