Join our high-performing team and enjoy a good working environment, work-life balance, a culture of learning, and competitive benefits!
We have a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for a Financial Specialist to take accountability for the support of CGI global business units and their operations by delivering sound, well-documented analyses, project and general accounting treatment rationale, forecasts and reconciliations.
You will be primarily responsible for partnering with operational leadership and finance colleagues to deliver accurate, timely and highly valued general accounting and financial support.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing support in the areas of end to end General Accounting and Corporate Finance Support, Invoice Management, and Project Administration
• Preparing and analysis of financial reports, and presenting financial results with meaningful and accurate commentary to business unit stakeholders
• Delivering accurate, insightful and timely analysis of financial results compared against actuals, forecasts and budgets
• Analysis and recording of monthly revenue and processing of monthly journal entries
• Analysis of Balance Sheet accounts ensuring balance sheet integrity by performing reconciliations
• Delivering requirements and providing support for SOX and PWC audits
• Implementing and maintaining internal financial controls, and ensuring that processes are aligned with global accounting policies
• Ensure 100% compliance to SLAs in preparing Daily, Weekly and Monthly reports
• Attend process-related meetings with Business Units and onshore counterparts, and conduct cross-functional trainings as necessary
• Assist in the identification and implementation of process improvements
• Act as a primary contact for client inquiries, requests, and ad hoc projects
• Coach and mentor junior members of the team
• Prepare administrative reports and perform other functions as may be required by the Operational Lead and Manager
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must be a BS Accountancy graduate
• With minimum 2-3 years of Accounting work experience
• Oracle background and familiarity on Windows programs
• Excellent communication skills in oral and written English and have experience facilitating client calls and meetings
• Must have advanced knowledge in MS Excel
• Demonstrates strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
• Action-oriented and has the ability to assume ownership of requests/issues/escalations and deliver effective resolutions to customers
• Customer-oriented (know your customers well; add value with a level of urgency)
• Team player, resourceful, flexible and can work well under pressure
• Fast-learner and has excellent multi-tasking skills
• Must have proven record of making process improvements
• Can manage shared mailbox effectively
• Proficiency to follow and write process documentation
• Willingness to work mid-shift
- Analytical Thinking
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.