Business Risk and Controls Advisor 1 is an individual contributor responsible executing test plans to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, including selecting samples and performing tests in accordance with client-specific requirements or IBM policies and guidelines.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Business Risk and Controls Advisor 1, you will be able to do the following tasks/functions:
Major Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the following initiatives on behalf of the business in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives which may include: oversight of procedures/process, regulatory reporting, document governance, risk control self assessments, procedure governance, control design, or new product controls, supplier governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls which may include the coordination of testing, root cause analysis, control design, and examining key metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls. May serve as a Subject Matter Expert in one key area.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve and strengthen the control environment; Provides guidance in the execution of Risk Control SelfAssessments (RCSA’s), translates control deficiencies into action plans and provides recommendations to enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with process owners to identify control failures, and assesses the impact. Makes recommendations to drive improvement efforts and facilitates effective and timely risk remediation through action plan oversight.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses and escalates issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members and advises on risk mitigation opportunities and stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are followed.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• Qualification: CPA, CIA, CISA an advantage
• Experience: 4+ years of experience, ideally in Internal Audit, External Audit, Business Controls, Internal Controls or similar function.
• Internal candidates with IBM process expertise may be preferred
• Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance is preferred
• Experience with multinational company or business process outsourcing is preferred
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- SOX working experience
- CPA Qualification