At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Problem Manager is responsible for the quality and integrity of the problem management process and acts as the interface to the other process managers and the focal for critical issue.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handle, raise, and provide resolution for incidents impacting the customer. Act as the central point to handle and oversee resolution of service center issues.
- Responsible for expediently restoring services by working closely with other support teams, users and vendors. Own, oversee and facilitate resolution of all major incidents within SLAs or customer agreed timeframes.
- Co-ordinate with significant support team to ensure root cause is identified and rectified for all problems.
- Oversee or perform communication on status of major incidents. Prepare and disseminate formal Major Incident Reports and track corrective actions to closure.
- Provide dedicated problem management by analyzing problem trends and formulate Corrective Action Plans with respective technology partners. Perform statistical analysis of incidents and critical issues. Develop and enact action plans to address common trends and reduce problem volumes.
- Handle day-to-day problem management issues and raise to Problem Resolver Groups to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Arrange and chair technical conference bridges involving regional support teams as required.
- Perform regular review of process documentation. Seek approvals of various parties for updates. Participate in enhancement of incident, major incident and issues processes.
- Conduct regular process and tools training to the Customer partners and new staff as required
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Atleast 5 years of experience with:
- Microsoft Office – Advanced Skills
- ITIL Certification – Expert/Master, Communication Skills
- Good Analytical Skills, Good Business Writing Skills
- Persuasion Skills and Tenacity
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Amenable to work on a client-based schedule (dayshift/midshift) in IBM client site (Makati City).
- You should at least have a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.