As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Designs end to end Big Data Solutions across multiple platforms with extensive experience on very large data repositories (terabyte scale or larger). Strong understanding data lake approaches, industry standards and industry best practices. Detail level understanding of HADOOP Framework, Ecosystem, MapReduce, and Data on Containers (data in OpenShift). Applies individual experiences / competency and IBM architecting structure thinking model to analyzing client IT systems. Demonstrates detailed hands-on expertise in creating data solutions for client, creating best of breed end-to-end solutions leveraging Cloud and traditional data platform offerings. Oversees the architecture for the data platform & cognitive components including unstructured (e.g NoSql) data technologies, annotation and related data and analytics, e.g. Big Data, Data Warehouse, Data Integration, Enterprise Information Management, Master Data Management and/or Data Consolidation projects. Experienced with Cloud native platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google, IBM Cloud or Cloud Native data platforms like Snowflake.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
‘• Experience in Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Spark
• Experience in data mining very large data sets, high proficiency in SQL (Teradata, Oracle, or MySQL or other RDBMS).
• Excellent analytical skills, advanced level of statistics with the ability to identify and predict trends and anomalies.
• Proven ability to handle various tasks concurrently and in a timely manner, including large, complex projects.
• Effective presentation skills and be able to explain complex data and charts in a concise manner to large audiences. Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior experience in Banking/Payments/Campaign Management System is a plus
- Good to have superb software development skills with proficiency in Python, R and libraries such as scikit-learn, scipy, R, NetworkX, Spacy, and NLTK
- Experience in AWS Redshift, Presto, and other distributed processing systems preferred
- Good to have Experience in building data pipelines and analysis tools using Java or Python.
- Good to have banking domain experience
- Good to have Hands on Java experience building scalable solutions