We have a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for a Project Control Officer (PCO) to take accountability for the support of Project Directors and their operations by delivering sound, well-documented analyses, project and contract financial reporting, forecasts and reconciliations.
You will be primarily responsible for partnering with Project Directors and other PCO colleagues to deliver accurate, timely and highly valued project control support.
The Project Control Officer focuses on supporting clients with all aspects of project management to ensure the successful execution of projects and quality management. The member will be responsible for the planning and execution of specific project management tasks including but not limited to high-level reporting, data capture and analysis, and governance support. He/she should be able to effectively communicate with stakeholders across different locations, at times being available to overlap schedules as he/she may be coordinating project review and administrative meetings.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain a basic understanding of customer policies and procedures as relevant to processes
• Effective tracking and communication of project status and metrics
• Support the creation and improvement of processes, procedures, and tools
• Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete
• Determine cost of operations by establishing standard costs, collecting operational data
• Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
• Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; and recommending actions
• Improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management
• Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
• Maintain database by entering, verifying, and backing up data
• Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses
• Study proposed changes in methods and materials
• Increase productivity by developing automated accounting applications and coordinate information requirements
• Perform functions that may be assigned by the Operations Lead
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A Bachelor’s degree in any field, preferably in Business Management or IT
• An understanding of project management best practices and practical application of these principles
• Familiarity with end-to-end project monitoring, control, reporting, and access and release management
• Background in QA testing and implementation and technical infrastructure would be an advantage
• A knowledge of planning and analysis tools for project management; SharePoint, MS Project and Project Server are desirable
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as solid presentation skills necessary for interfacing across internal & external teams
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple priorities
• Ability to assume ownership of responsibilities, and can work with minimal supervision
• Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Can work closely with Project Managers and Project Director
• Valuable experience as PCO/PMO
• Project experience as Analyst or Specialist
• Familiarity with JIRA and Agile delivery
• Flexibility in shift in order to align with project requirements; willingness to work from 9 PM to 6 AM.
- Analytical Thinking
- Client Relationship
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Individual Contributor
- Performs Well Under Pressure
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.