At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The objective of an HR Process Owner (HRPO) is to serve as the bridge between the account’s operations and
project delivery teams. HRPOs are primarily responsible for quality service delivery by assigning work to
practitioners, providing guidance on process execution, setting up standards for process delivery, and resolving
first-level issues through collaboration with various IBM and client contacts.
- Contract knowledge: Maintains current knowledge of the account’s contract, specifically the Talent Services statement of work (SOW), service level achievement (SLA) definitions, and other contractual obligations
- Process management: Establishes, implements, and/or cascades process execution standards such as control points, internal timelines, quality audit guidelines, etc.; performs quality audits as needed Service delivery management: Creates the SLA reports and provides complete documentation on SLA waivers as needed; ensures all SLAs are consistently met; alerts the team to critical updates and potential risks in a timely manner
- Process mastery: Serves as a consultant for daily operational activities; provides mentorship to practitioners
- Performance management: Coordinates with the Tower Lead and HR Delivery Managers (HRDMs) in addressing practitioners’ performance; identifies and recommends actions to correct and/or improve practitioners’ performance; provides feedback on practitioners’ performance to be used in skills evaluation
- Process improvement: Identifies areas of opportunity for improving efficiency, accuracy, and other operational measures of excellence; implements process improvement solutions; assists and provides input on the development of automation projects identified by the practitioners
- Issue management: Identifies potential and actual process execution risks and escalates them to the client and/or to the Tower Lead based on severity and extent; proposes alternate solutions to risks and/or issues (potential or actual
- Operations reviews: Presents data and provides relevant input or updates for operational and account dashboards
- Business continuity planning: Identifies practitioner back-up systems and communicates them to the Client
- Serves as the point of contact for the client governance team on certain Center-specific matters impacting the account’s deliverables and issues
- Process documentation: Creates process documents, job aids, and reference materials that accurately reflect the client-approved process execution.
- Audits: Supports business controls review activities by preparing, reviewing, and/or uploading required audit documentation within specified timelines.
- Makes an initial evaluation of simple client requests to determine scope and impact to headcount allocation, process, time, etc.; seeks the assistance of the Tower Lead, BOM, and/or HRDMs as appropriate
- At the management team’s discretion, assesses the technical capability of applicants and new hires to determine job fit
- Oversees the process certification activities for new hires and existing practitioners
- Provides input to the HRDMs on the assignment and distribution of work
- Provides process coaching and training for practitioners
- Ensures and manages own compliance to IBM and account deliverables, guidelines, and policies; manage own learning and development activities
- Supports Center-level initiatives and priorities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years of experience recruitment best practices
- At least 2 years of experience building relationships and consulting with Hiring Managers through the open requisition, sourcing, debrief and offer stages in a face to face environment
- At least 2 years of experience in computer skills including in-depth internet knowledge and proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, and database applications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluency in English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise